Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cloth Diapers

I have begun the adventure of cloth diapering.... AND I love it!  Well, maybe love is not the word when dealing poop and laundry and such, but every time I change a diaper I save $$ and I love that!  I thought I would share what I have decided to do with the hours of I have researched about cloth diapering.  Earlier this spring I bought enough diapers to try it out, so this week once I got through all the diapers I had bought and been given I went for it.  Here is what I bought...

Bummis super brite diaper cover

A Thirsties duo wrap diaper cover

Bum Genius 3.0 All in One

Econobum One size cover (comes with the pre-fold)

I bought 12 infant Indian pre-fold diapers plus 5 econobum pre-folds

This selection of diapers lasts me about 2 days, so I can do laundry about every other day and not need to use disposables at all, although when we go out they are easier.  I just bought 6 Oh Katy All in One diapers (they fit from 8 -35 lbs) so they are worth the investment at $18 a piece and I did get 1 for free because they were on sale.  The AIO diapers are just like disposables so they are good for Dad and changing while out and about.  There is a huge learning curve on the care/laundering and the myriad of options to purchase - if anyone is curious I would be happy to answer questions, but this post would be super long if I explained it all.

I decided to try cloth diapers to save money, bottom line.  I feel like because I stay at home, I have a responsibility to be a good steward of our family budget and this was a way I felt would be easy for me to do.  Obviously, its not for everyone and I was the last person to think I would ever cloth diaper!  It's healthier and greener, but those are secondary reasons for me.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome!! We've made the commitment to cloth diaper and are SO excited about it. Today, we actually attended a cloth diaper class to learn more about it. Have you been to Baby Awearness? They are an AWESOME store! I can't wait to buy our stuff and have our baby so we can get started!

    ReplyDelete